Friday, September 11, 2009

Eulogy to "Swagger"...R.I.P


I come forth to you today
For the many respects that I must pay
To a euphemism; a generic word
In which for these past few years we've all heard.
This term has been so badly abused
That its meaning has deteriorated because of its misuse.
So I just thought I'd be the one to let you know
That "swagger" is dead. May it rest in peace...let it go.
A not so wise man once said, and I quote,
"Swagger never died
It only has for the people that never had it but only tried."
I don't know exactly what he was trying to imply
So I thought about it before I sarcastically replied:
"I know that swag is a word in which you take pride
But your theory is bogus, so I must defy.
To the narrow mind your statement probably sounded pretty fly
But in reality, no one used that term until 2005...
And if you tell me you did, you're a goddamn lie!
So I guess it wasn't until 2005.....when you tried."
I don't mean to be rude or offend anyone
But so many people claim to have swag but really have none.
Swag has been raped by you "futuristic polo kings"
But it's time to let it rest alongside the word "bling".
If you think you're different in your polo's and true's
Look around you....EVERYONE else is rocking it, too!
And if you call it hating, you got life so confused
Because "hating" is saying things that's not true.
Pardon me for not being the same
And excuse me for being Against the grain
But never will I conform to such ignorant trends
That the media has led you to condescend
If you don't like what I'm saying don't be mad at us
Just go rant like usual in your swagtastic Facebook status!

This is the Eulogy to "Swagger"....R.I.P. )=

Briana "Breezy" McIntosh

No comments:

Post a Comment