Friday, October 23, 2009

P e a c e B y [ P e a c e ]


If I give you my heart piece by piece, at what point will it shatter?
What piece will it be?
I've always wanted to love wholeheartedly and unconditionally...
Naturally.
But time and time again, I've been told that all men deceive...
Time and time again, I've proven this theory to be Concrete;
It has happened to me.
I just want to believe what I see here in front of me
But I hold back just in case you're not who you seem,
I realize with love there are risks involved.
You seem to be worth it, but what if you're not?
To test this out, I give you another piece of my heart...
I hand it to you slowly without reluctance;
However, I still brace myself for destruction.
I'd like to think that your heart is as pure as mine,
But it's too good to be true--so I start looking for clues.
I wonder what secrets are embedded in you.
What old emotions are you holding on to?
So here, I give another piece of my heart to you.
Not to trick you, but to simply elicit the truth.
By nature
I've always been faithful.
I'd hate to know that you'd cheat.
You say that you wouldn't, but do you practice what you preach?
Words are powerful--
But a word is only a word unless proceeded by a verb...
So I heard.

Because even verbs can be modified by manipulative adjectives.

As you can see, I tend to think too deeply
But in reality, this isn't as deep as it seems.
Because until I know you love me,
There will always be a peace of me
That you will never see.

Briana "Breezy" McIntosh

No comments:

Post a Comment