Thursday, October 29, 2009

B4U


What on earth did I think about all the time before you?
Because these days, it seems like there's some type of 'love screen' filtering my views
I'm aware that the world was existent before us, but
I must admit that it hasn't been the same at all afterward
My closest advise me to get over you and get a life
Cuz, like...I used to feel fly,
But now I'm delayed, left feeling like I missed my flight
What on earth did I think about all the time before you?
Because hereafter, it seems that you're all that's on my mind
- the bad days, the great nights, battles, fights, but mostly- the good times,
like...hitting downtown Atlanta Monday night, eating half priced Burgers from Atlantic grill
Or candlelit dinners, filling our glasses with Chateau Ste. Michelle
Damn, it really seems like Everything I see sparks a thought that brings you to mind
I struggle to forget, though I know that its a losing Fight,
cuz even every time I hear about something simple- like a friend freezing Gummies
that shoots me to the late nights we spent battling the munchies
and every time I catch a quick glimpse of a Husky,
Immediately, I start to smile at previous conversations about our dream puppy
I...think of the nights that it was just I and you...
...listening to Badu...
...Janelle monae...
...or...even Waka Flocka Flames
Whereas every other girl in the world may think I'm so LAME,
you just laughed at my corniness- I loved how your smile remained the same
And though it seemed that over time, certain things would change
our craziness remained consistent and our connection never tamed
because we loved each other seriously, but could show it so simply
like a Kiss on the forehead, or a Dasani bottle full of Lillies
I still get butterflies like I did the morning of our first Meeting
because you're still- to this day- the best thing I never knew I Needed
I love the fact that you're a woman who can enjoy the Outdoors
yet, still be cool with lounging around the house in your PINK boy shorts
Staying up all night, or going to sleep early
chasing you around the house...tussling...flirting
taking Cozmo quizzes...laughing at your nerdy sayings
Though I made fun of you, I'd never change your Quirky ways
My poem Relapse says everything needed to say
about exactly how I feel every time that you're away
I miss how thick your hair was...or how your legs remained Smooth
You were the loud in my bubbler...haha...the broth in my soup
Speaking of food...I'll never forger the Tapas at Eclipse de Luna,
or the times we took my dog for walks under the Moon, or
how you tiptoed when you tried on a dress when you didn't have on shoes...
The question still remains...What on earth did I think about all the time before...U?
And can my mind be clear of thoughts of us...after you?
Unfortunately for me, I have a feeling that this curse may continue
...leading to thoughts of us making love in all types of various Venues
-from a park bench outside right beside a lake's view
-to the time we left our friends to step outside of the W...whew...
Just because your my eX don't mean the feelings left
that hinder me from moving on to whatever else is next...
I have no idea what i thought about before You took over my mind, baby
and I really don't care- I welcome you to continue tainting my A through Z

~ Lucius McCall

No comments:

Post a Comment